Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Follow Up on Mentors and Survey

Faithful Readers:

Busy day today in the actual practice of law, so I haven't got much new to post. I do want to clarify my comments in Heroes, Role Models and Mentors. I meant to make the point that the most effective mentors are those who are trusted friends and counselors; it has been my experience that trust and wisdom are more important in a mentor than gender, race, or any other diversity characteristic. Mentor programs that focus on matching up diversity characteristics may miss the boat on the actual goals of mentoring.

Only four days left to respond to my survey so don't delay. The free version only lasts for 10 days and one hundred respondents.

Next up: Book Review, Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most

Be well,

Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment