Sunday, October 11, 2009

Practical Tips for Blogging

In early October I stumbled across Grant Griffiths' site, Blogging for Profit, and his "Kick Your Blog in the Butt" series. Each day in the month of October he offers tips on how to keep a blog fresh, interesting, and useful. If you have been thinking about starting a blog to complement your marketing efforts, you'll find some really helpful ideas there. One of the best so far has been the post for Day 9: Avoiding Writer's Block. Don't be misled into thinking that his approach is not for lawyers--there are loads of good ideas in his site for developing useful lawyer blawgs.

In any event, his assignment for day 9 was to create a list of 10 things to blog about in the next month. I'll be working on that, but would definitely like to hear reader suggestions about what you'd like me to write about (or, conversely, what you don't want to see again--anyone tired of my twitter chearleading, fashion commentary or snarky missives? Post your comments for public consumption, or send me a private email.)

Long time readers will remember that I published my first post on October 12, 2008, so here we are, one year later. Many thanks to those of you who have supported the effort, you know who you are! As always, I look forward to hearing from you.



Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I really am pleased with how much I've learned by doing this for the past year. One day at a time, though!

    ReplyDelete