Friday, January 6, 2012

More Inspiring Bits from Notable Women


I was out on vacation for much of the second half of 2011 so didn't collect quite as many quotes as usual.  I did find a few useful gems:

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it 'The Present'."
— Eleanor Roosevelt

"It's always been my feeling that God lends you your children until they're about eighteen years old. If you haven't made your points with them by then, it's too late."  Betty Ford

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."  Maya Angelou 

"I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person."  Rita Moreno

"I would just like people to think of me as a judge who did the best she could with whatever limited talent I have to keep our country true to what makes it a great nation."  Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"Macho does not prove mucho."  Zsa Zsa Gabor

"It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you don't do it in the street and frighten the horses."  Mrs. Patrick Campbell

"Impartiality suggests that we shouldn't begin from our own point of view, that we should have principles that apply absolutely to everyone.  But the trouble is that human life is based on the personal point of view."  Martha Nussbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment