Sunday, June 10, 2012

Congrats to all the Newly Minted Lawyers Out There

Here's a post from the 30,000 foot level (literally).  I'm returning home from my son's graduation from University of Chicago Law School.  It's a pretty amazing experience to attend a second law school graduation with your first child--the first time I was the graduate and he was in preschool; this second time 'round he is the one wearing the hood and I am just the mom--wow.  Words just don't do it justice.

The keynote speaker yesterday for the U Chi law grads was Daniel Doctoroff, he had some fine words for these grads.  They are equally compelling for the parents; indeed for anyone seeking to make a difference.  I suppose I am paraphrasing a bit, but his message is worth repeating:  Don't be afraid to fail.  Take some chances.  With the blessing of a legal education, go out there and find the talent that makes you great.

Best of luck to you all.

Cynthia


No comments:

Post a Comment